Sunday, 13 April 2014

Warrior (2011) - AWESOME !!!!

 

Warrior (2011), this is one of the best movies I have watched recently. If you are like me and don't really like to watch pure fighting movies with no plot or depth, than this is definitely the movie for you. This is a movie with in-depth, heart-warming and suspenseful plot with development that will urge you to continue watching.

At first I didn't really want to watch this movie even though it scored very high from IMDB, mainly because I'm quite busy lately and I don't want to waste my time on something that's not worth it. But after watching this movie, there is this sense of accomplishment in me, that after a long search, I finally found what I've been looking for, a GREAT movie. This is going to be a movie that I will remember at all times.

It has a good mix of fighting and the depth of characters in the movie is just plain amazing. The director, Gavin O' Connor really did a great job in fitting those plots inside a two hours movie. And great job to the actors too. I really did have a high expectation for Tom Hardy and he had proven himself again on the big screen. I'm not very familiar with the other actor, Joel Edgerton, but he sure caught my attention and I will sure keep an eye on him from now on =D


*SPOILER ALERT* 
The father-son relationship portrayed by the director is one of the attractive elements in this movie. And to be honest, I cried while watching Tommy's father get drunk and Tommy's act of comforting his father on the bed. I cried like a baby T.T .... (does a baby cry with a few drops of tears?)
The brotherly love (and I'm not talking about bromance =.=) is just so nicely portrayed that I held my breathe till the end of the movie.
Awesome ending too!!!
*END OF SPOILER*

Although in the beginning I got quite confused about all those characters' name, in no time at all I just got sucked into the movie. Good development, I didn't feel rushed at all.
A note: although this is not a comedy, but during some scenes I laughed quite hard... Maybe I have a weird sense of humor =D

Definitely will want to watch it again =D
Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment